Wednesday, December 30, 2015

January 2016 Bookclub News






Dear Bookclub,

Our first meeting of 2016 is rapidly approaching! Blissfully consumed still with Christmas, I am relishing my favorite part of the season, seated in the midst of all the decor, properly at its peak, before poinsettias wither and cookies stale, ornaments droop and toy-strewn rooms no longer feel charming, writing my cards, while sipping tea and nibbling chocolate. January looms like a monster peaking around the corner. But my nighttime reading jolts me out of the sugarplum fantasy as Julia Pierpont's "Among the Ten Thousand Things" reveals a vulgar family drama with depressing wit. Happy New Year!

 Looking forward to getting together to chat it up. Wanda has chosen 12:30 at Cork & Craft for our gathering. See you then...




Happy reading,
LK

 

No comments:

Post a Comment