Saturday, July 29, 2017

August 2017 Bookclub News




Florence Gordon by Jon Williams



Dear Bookclub,

July has slipped away and summer reads must be of upmost priority as August zooms in. Brian Morton's "Florence Gordon" is a good summer read. Chapters fly - they are about two paragraphs long- and who could be more fun to read about than an 'unlikeable' older woman? When Val suggested this book, I recognized that I had it stashed away in my 'to-read' bookshelf, ok, 'to-read' room, and I do remember why:

http://www.npr.org/2014/10/06/352763474/florence-gordon-isnt-friend-material-but-youll-appreciate-her

Maureen Corrigan's book reviews are so persuasive that I often have one of her featured books in my amazon cart before she finishes her piece.


Terry's suggestions for our January 2018 read:

"All the Single Ladies: Unmarried Women and the Rise of an Independent Nation" Rebecca Traister
"The Rent Collector" Camron Wright
"We are Completely Beside Ourselves" Karen Joy Fowler

Oh Terry, Terry, Terry.. this is so hard! A great list. Please do some research and come prepared this Wednesday to cast your vote.

Happy reading,
LK


No comments:

Post a Comment